We have two student parking areas. Area 1 is located on the east side of the school and is shared with Staff. Student parking and staff parking areas are clearly marked with signs and stalls are numbered. All students parking in Area 1 will have an assigned stall and must display a corresponding parking pass. Area 2 is located in YMCA Lot 1 which is the western most parking lot at the YMCA; again it is clearly marked. All students parking in Area 2 must display a parking pass and stalls are first come first served. We will only sell enough passes for available spots. (The one row facing John Laurie Blvd. is YMCA parking.)
Parking Passes are purchased through our Business Office at a cost of: Area 1 – $40.00 and Area 2 – $25.00. The Parking Passes will be allocated by a draw system starting with Grade 12, then Grade 11 and then Grade 10 students. All applications for the draw are to be received by the Main Office, by Friday, September 7th, at noon. Payment is to be made after the draw.
Grade 12 Students:
Grade 12 students wishing to purchase Area 1 will be entered into a draw for an allocated space. Students not receiving a stall will be offered an Area 2 pass at the lower rate. Grade 12 may purchase an Area 2 pass from September 5, 2018
Grade 11 Students:
Grade 11 students wishing to purchase a parking pass will be entered into a draw for any remaining stalls after the Grade 12 draw. The draw for any remaining Area 1 stalls will be made first then all remaining applications will be placed in the draw for Area 2.
Grade 10 Students:
Grade 10 students wishing to purchase a parking pass will be entered into a draw for any remaining stalls after the Grade 11 draw. The draw for any remaining Area 1 stalls will be made first then all remaining applications will be placed in the draw for Area 2.
Students will be issued with a colour coded and numbered tag, please ensure that it is visible at all times when using either student parking lot. If your tag is not visible or you are not in a marked stall you may be fined or towed. It is also important to keep your vehicle locked at all times.
- The speed limit in the parking lot is 8 km/h.
- Please do not hang out in the parking lot.
- Careless driving, stunting, or speeding is not allowed
- Please display your parking pass on the rear view mirror at all times.
- Area 1 – Upper Parking Lot –you must be in your assigned stall.
- Area 2 – YMCA Lot 1 – parking stalls are first come first served for pass holders.
- There will be a $10 replacement charge for lost passes.
- If a student arrives to their allocated stall and there is another vehicle occupying it the student must park at the front of school in visitor parking and report to the office.
- All vehicles must be parked in a marked stall. Any vehicles parked on the grass, in the roadway, in staff parking or in visitor parking without authorization will be ticketed and/or towed.
Please note: due to limited parking and safety we will strictly enforce these rules. Administration reserves the right to revoke parking privileges if these regulations are not followed with no refund to student.
Administration maintains the right to declare days throughout the school year as ‘No Parking’ days due to events being held at the school.
Parking Application 2018 – 2019 – coming soon!